Figuring out how to make Einkorn Cream of Mushroom Soup was great. I missed eating one of my favorite soups, but since I don’t eat processed canned soups anymore I needed to find a replacement. After several taste tests I’m happy with this one of a kind comfort soup.
Why make Einkorn Cream of Mushroom Soup?
The base for the soup is bone broth; chicken bone broth or beef bone broth either one works. Bone broth helps treat leaky gut syndrome, improves joint health and boosts your immune system. It’s an all-around super food.
Baby Bella mushrooms boost the immune system, help prevent heart disease, contain antioxidants, vitamins and minerals including copper. Read more here.
Parmesan aged cheese is a great source of B vitamins for brain health, protein with all the 9 essential amino acids, has good bacteria for the gut, and is easily digested. Learn more here.
How to Make Einkorn Cream of Mushroom Soup
Start out by prepping your ingredients; wipe the mushrooms with a damp paper towel to clean them. Feel free to add different types of mushrooms to change up the taste. Slice the mushrooms and then cut the slices in half. Chop the onion into small pieces. I like using this onion chopper.
Melt the butter in a soup pot, add onions and saute for 2 – 3 minutes. Add the sliced mushrooms, saute until the mushrooms release their juices.
Sprinkle the mushrooms with Einkorn flour, stir to mix, saute 1 – 2 minutes. Add the bone broth and sprig of thyme simmer for 10 minutes. Pour half of the soup into a blender and blend well. Return to the soup pot.
Add the Parmesan cheese, stir until the cheese has melted, adjust seasonings, add the whipping cream and serve. The comfort of Einkorn Cream of Mushroom soup is wonderful and so healthy for you. By boosting your immune system through diet colitis symptoms gradually disappear.
If you liked this recipe try the Paleo Tomato Soup.
If you like this post Pin it to Pinterest!
HOMEMADE CREAM OF MUSHROOM SOUP
- 16 oz baby bella mushrooms, sliced and quartered
- 1 small onion, chopped about a cup
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup Einkorn flour
- 1/2 cup packed grated Parmesan cheese freshly grated Parmesan tastes better
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 tsp mineral salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 4 cups bone broth, chicken or beef
- Melt butter in a medium pot, add onion, saute for 2 - 3 minutes
- Add sliced bella mushrooms, saute until juices are released from the mushrooms about 8 minutes. Salt and pepper the mushrooms, stir
- Sprinkle the mushrooms with Einkorn flour, saute an additional 1 - 2 minutes
- Add the bone broth and sprig of fresh thyme, whisk and simmer 10 minutes, remove the thyme sprig and throw away
- Pour half of the soup into a blender, blend until smooth. Add back to the pot
- Add Parmesan cheese, stir until melted. Add heavy cream and serve