What do you do with over ripe bananas? Make Einkorn Swirl Banana Nut Bread! A slice of toasted banana bread with butter is the ultimate comfort food.
Adding cinnamon and nuts to the banana bread make this bread a step above the rest. Splitting the amount of sugar into two parts keeps this bread from being too sweet.
Why Make Einkorn Swirl Banana Nut Bread?
Homemade Einkorn Swirl Banana Nut Bread does good things for your gut. Both the pecans and cinnamon have anti-inflammatory properties.
According to Dr. Axe, Einkorn flour is the most ancient wheat and is a good source of protein, iron, dietary fiber, thiamin and several B Vitamins, limits allergy symptoms, and contains less gluten. Individuals with celiac disease should not eat Einkorn, but most people with gluten sensitivity can.
Pecans have fiber which is essential for promoting colon health, boosts heart, bone and teeth health, has magnesium which is great for anti-inflammatory benefits. Read more here.
By adding more cinnamon into your diet, you’ll gain many health benefits. It has anti-inflammatory properties and can combat diabetes. Brush up on the 20 health benefits of cinnamon here.
Bananas are easy to throw into an on the go meal and everyone knows they are a great source of potassium. Due to the fiber content bananas can improve digestive health and also feed the beneficial bacteria in the gut.
How to make Einkorn Swirl Banana Nut Bread
In a small bowl mix ¼ cup sugar and cinnamon and set aside. In a medium bowl mix the Einkorn flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and set aside.
Cream together the remaining sugar and softened butter in a large bowl. Add the rest of the wet ingredients: beaten egg, vanilla and the mashed ripened bananas.
Mix the Einkorn flour mixture into the wet ingredients and stir in the broken pecan pieces.
Grease a 9 X 5 inch bread pan with butter. Cut a piece of parchment paper to put into the bottom of the bread pan. This keeps the banana bread from sticking to the bottom when removing it from the pan. Grease the paper.
Spoon half of the banana mixture into the pan; sprinkle half of the cinnamon sugar onto it. Add the rest of the banana mixture into the pan and sprinkle the rest of the cinnamon sugar on to the top.
Place several whole nuts on top of the bread and bake in the 350-degree oven for 50 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Feel Good about the Food you Eat
My mother has been on a gluten free diet for over 15 years never enjoying fresh bread and rolls. Now she is able to enjoy any type of bread made from Einkorn. Imagine her delight eating Einkorn Swirl Banana Nut Bread and feeling good and guilt free. Learn why I use Einkorn and how to make Einkorn homemade bread.
Try making and eating this delicious Einkorn Swirl Banana Nut Bread; the cinnamon and pecans have anti-inflammatory properties which are great for colon health. By changing my lifestyle I’m no longer on any medication for my ulcerative colitis. What a fantastic feeling!
I no longer eat processed foods; I make delicious homemade goodies instead. Simply by changing the way I eat, I’ve improved my colon’s health and you can too!
If you like this post Pin it to Pinterest
EINKORN SWIRL BANANA NUT BREAD
- 1/4 cup organic sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 3/4 cup organic sugar
- 1/3 cup softened butter
- 1 1/2 cups Einkorn flour 180 g
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup pecans, broken into pieces or any favorite nut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a small bowl mix the 1/4 cup sugar and cinnamon, set aside
- In a medium bowl mix together the Einkorn flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt, set aside
- In a large bowl cream the remaining 3/4 cup sugar and softened butter
- Add the beaten egg and vanilla to the butter mixture, mix. Add the mashed bananas and stir
- Add the Einkorn flour mixture to the bananas, mix. Add the pecan pieces and stir
- Grease a 9 X 5 inch bread pan with butter. Cut a piece of parchment paper to fit the bottom of the pan, insert and grease the paper
- Spoon half of the banana/flour mixture into the greased pan. Sprinkle 1/2 of the cinnamon sugar onto the mixture
- Spoon the remaining banana/flour mixture into the bread pan. Top with the rest of the cinnamon sugar, add several pecans for decoration
- Bake in the preheated 350 degree oven for 50 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Let rest on a wire rack for 10 minutes before taking the banana bread out of the pan