One of my favorite meals in college was a casserole made with canned tomato soup and instant mashed potatoes. No wonder my colitis flared up, but this Paleo bison casserole is incredibly nutritious, taste fantastic and after this meal your gut will feel fine!
Casseroles’ are very convenient and the perfect thing to take to a pot luck. This Paleo bison casserole also freezes well. It’s so nice to share with someone who can put the dish in the freezer for a later date.
I try to have the ingredients to this casserole on hand at all the times. The dish takes about 45 minutes start to finish. Start by making the Paleo cauliflower mash or make the mash on prep day.
Benefits of Paleo Bison Casserole
Bison is extremely healthy for you; it’s rich in vitamins and minerals and can improve your hair and skin. Read more from expert nutritionist Dr. Axe here.
Beef bone broth is added to make the tomato sauce . Bone broth supports hair, skin and joints. The gelatin in the bone broth helps heal the gut and it also boots brain health. This in itself is a staple. Try making it yourself * read the recipe here.*
Green beans reduce heart disease, prevent colon cancer, boost immunity, and also helps with eye care and improves bone heath. Read more here.
How to make Paleo Bison Casserole
Start making Paleo cauliflower mash first. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Swirl olive oil into a large pan, sauté the chopped onions until they are translucent, add minced garlic and cook until the garlic becomes fragrant.
Add the bison, salt and pepper and cook until browned. Drain the meat if needed. Add the beef bone broth, tomato paste, drained green beans and crushed pepper then stir.
Put all the ingredients into a casserole dish. Spoon the cauliflower mash on top of the meat sauce. Bake in a pre-heated oven for about 30 minutes. Supper is done! Enjoy!
Did you like this post? Be sure to share it on Pinterest!
PALEO GROUND BISON CASSEROLE
- 1 1/2 lbs ground bison or any ground meat
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 6 oz can tomato paste
- 1 `cup beef bone broth
- 2 cans organic green beans, drained
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/2 tsp pepper or to taste
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper or taste
- cauliflower mash for the crust
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Swirl olive oil in a large pan, saute chopped onion until translucent, add minced garlic, saute until fragrant
- Add bison, salt and pepper, brown
- Drain meat if needed. add tomato paste, beef broth, drained green beans and crushed red pepper
- Top with cauliflower mash. Put casserole in the preheated oven and bake for 20 - 30 minutes until the top of the casserole has begun to brown.