I’m an accountant who loves to cook, but I don’t have much time to play in the kitchen during the week. Paleo Kielbasa is one of my favorite “go to” recipes for a busy work week. Start to finish the meal is done in less than 30 minutes.
Why Make Paleo Kielbasa?
Paleo Kielbasa is a fast, one skillet meal. Kielbasa is a type of sausage that is smoked and ready to eat right out of the package; this makes for a quick dinner. I buy the Simple Truth brand from Kroger; it’s minimally processed and is a good source of protein.
Did you know zucchini was a fruit and not a vegetable? It’s a great source of manganese, vitamin C, omega-3 fatty acids and zinc. Zucchini protects the cardiovascular system and also promotes men’s health; zucchini contains phytonutrients that are useful in decreasing BPH symptoms.
Baby bella mushrooms contain essential vitamins and minerals needed for optimal health. Pantothenic acid or vitamin B-5 helps regulate cholesterol levels. Copper is essential for healthy brain function and selenium activates cellular enzymes.
Yellow onions are a great source of vitamin-C and the richest source of quercetin which is a potent antioxidant. Onions improve heart health and aid in cancer prevention.
How to make Paleo Kielbasa
Try to slice and chop your ingredients on a prep day; this makes for a faster work week meal. Chop the onion. I love this onion chopper; it’s inexpensive and makes perfectly diced onions.
Mince the garlic, slice then quarter the Kielbasa, slice and half the zucchini. Clean the mushrooms by wiping them with a damp paper towel. Slice.
Heat a large skillet on medium heat. When hot, add the olive oil. Toss in the diced onions and sauté until transparent then toss in the garlic and sauté for a minute until the garlic becomes fragrant
Add the sliced Kielbasa to the skillet, sauté for about 5 minutes. After the Kielbasa has cooked for a bit add the sliced zucchini and cook for an additional 5 minutes then add the mushrooms. Cook until the mushrooms and zucchini are done about 5 – 7 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste.
If dairy is in your diet top with fresh, grated Parmesan cheese otherwise just omit for a “true” Paleo meal. Wow, a fast, tasty, nutritious meal completed in less than 30 minutes! You can’t get much better than that.
If you like this post Pin It! to Pinterest!
- 1 lb Kielbasa, sliced All natural
- 2 - 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 med onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 8 oz baby bella mushrooms sliced
- 2 - 3 med zuchinni sliced
- salt & pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese grated
- Prep all the ingredients individually then set aside.
- Dice the onion, mince the garlic. Slice, then quarter the Kielbasa, slice the zucchini and then cut in half.
- Wipe the mushrooms with a damp cloth to clean then slice. If the mushrooms are large cut in half
- Heat a large skillet on medium. When hot, add the olive oil. Toss in the diced onions and saute until transparent. Add the garlic and saute for a minute until the garlic becomes fragrant
- Add the sliced Kielbasa to the skillet, saute for about 5 minutes. Add sliced zucchini for an additional 5 minutes then add the mushrooms. Cook until the mushrooms and zucchini are done about 5 - 7 minutes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- If you are able to eat cheese then top with grated Parmesan.